20 Things You Will Learn
1. The role that LNG plays in the natural gas world, and why it exists, how its used.
2. NFPA standard that applies to LNG systems
3. Definition of LNG, its temperature, and how its made.
4. LNG facilities injection to interstate pipelines and factors that go into making it useful
5. LNG liquefaction plants, how they work, what they do
6. LNG vaporization and storage plants, how they work, what they do
7. Discussion of LNG vaporizers, different technologies in use.
8. LNG transportation methods
9. Conditioning that needs to occur for safe use of LNG once vaporized, including hazards of use if not conditioned.
10. Atmospheric versus fired vaporizers and issues related to both
11. LNG trim and water bath heaters, technologies used and why they are important
12. LNG accident history, Cleveland, Ohio incident, worst incident in history discussed.
13. Four (4) gas hazards related to LNG
14. How to quickly identify LNG leaks and safety issues related to them
15. Detecting a release of LNG when odorization or lack of it may be an issue
16. LNG flammability characteristics
17. Where LNG leaks might travel and where LNG might end up.
18. Cryogenic hazards and PPE for minimizing risks
19. Detectors to use to identify LNG leaks and provide for personnel safety.
20. Material considerations for use with cryogenic systems