10 Things You Will Learn
1. The difference between a process flow diagram, a piping ad equipment diagram, and a piping and instrumentation diagram, (P&ID)
2. Comparison of pictures of devices and schematic representation of them
3. Building a very simple P&ID of a process control loop
4. Explanation of tag numbers and letters within symbols and what they mean
5. Identification of standard used in the industry where symbol legends and instrumentation schematics are defined.
6. Explanation of lines within tag descriptors and what they mean regarding where instruments are located.
7. Explanation of symbols for shared displays and consoled and where they might be located.
8. Introduction to piping legends and symbols
9. Discussion of piping and instrument line symbol and what they mean.
10. Visualizing a system and developing it with symbols, (starting with equipment, then piping, then instrumentation)