20 Things You Will Learn
1. Discussion of 4 popular valve styles: relief valves, plug valves, control valves, and safety shut-off valves.
2. Standards related to valves: Fire ratings, seat leakage ratings, temperature/pressure, and fugitive emissions.
3. How to decode the rating and specification information that’s on valve tags
4. Where valve seat leakage ratings come from and what they mean
5. Manual isolation valves, (description of 2 kinds of ball valves and lubricated plug valves)
6. How to service and seal lubricated plug valves including, maintenance requirements for them and tools to use.
7. Dangerous things about valve handles and how to avoid catastrophes
8. Understanding control valves and pneumatic actuators
9. Control valve turndown and rangeability, types and styles of valve stems/seats
10. What it means to characterize control valves, different types of characterization strategies and what they mean
11. What control valve Cv means and how important it is.
12. Three (3) styles of automatic fuel safety shut off valves
13. Decoding the tags that are on automatic valves and what its really important to screen for.
14. Fuel train valve requirements and arrangements and where to find this code information.
15. Overpressure protection for fuel trains including internally relieved regulators and pressure relief valves.
16. Difference between relief valves and safety relief valves
17. Important information on relief valve tags and how to decode important requirements
18. Important relief valve and safety relief valve installation details, things you can audit and check
19. Burst and rupture discs and important information about selecting, applying and replacing them.
20. Safety relief valve selection installation, and testing details for steam systems and boilers.